April 5, 2008

Holy Drama Llama

I am gathering from Etown friends' away messages that today is Jr/Sr day, and I just feel compelled to say that I do not miss that aspect of being a student. I know a lot of people love getting dressed up, prettied-up, and partied-up, but I have to say that it is glorious to be so far removed from all of the pressure, time, money, and inevitable drama that goes with it. The years I didn't want to go, I had to resist the social pressure from everyone who was going (though it is nice to be wanted, I suppose), and the year I did go, it certainly did not end up on my list of the top 1,000 most enjoyable experiences of my life. I always thought I would have been in a sorority if I had gone to a college that had Greek life, but I'm glad Etown didn't because I think the theme parties and formals involved with such a thing would have added an exponential amount of stress to my life.

I'll leave it at that. Ah, memories. This is not to say that I don't hope everyone has a marvelous time tonight.

Here's a picture for good measure, ... naturally, I haven't worn this dress since:

3 comments:

Collins said...

so.....is this what you did at the library today instead of writing some useless term paper?

La said...

partially true. i did write this while at the library. however, i also got a significant amount of work done. so it evens out!

Collins said...

ah, the whole even out argument. one of my personal favs. used mostly to explain away eating..say half a pizza by myself because i went to the gym earlier in the day. surely it evens out.