A) Went to McDonald's tonight to get a Shamrock Shake because it's the season for them. Walked in - no ads for Shamrock Shakes. Jigga what? So I asked if they had them, and the girl called over to her manager and said "do we have that shamrock thing?" My heart sank, quick. No Shamrock Shakes?!
B) Unwilling to settle for anything less than ice cream for my evening snack, LP and I continued down the road to Kroger. Remember, gave up chocolate for Lent (one week left!) - so the ice cream aisle is difficult for me right now. Even Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream - the only peanut butter cup ice cream I enjoy that isn't chocolate ice cream - has chocolate in the actual pb cup part of it, so I figured I was doomed. Not so! Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns ice cream, anyone? I thought it had the potential to be absolutely disgusting, but I got it anyway. I was wrong... it is delectable. Just the right amounts of sugar and cinnamon. Mmmmm. Go get some. But don't eat 2/3 of the pint like I did. Or, do. It was worth it. I mean, I worked out extra hard today just so I wouldn't feel bad about a Shamrock Shake, so 2/3 of the CB was totally fine. :-)
March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i have never understood the ability (or want) to eat that much ice cream in one sitting. it amazes me. ask angel about this if you would like a humorous and very embarrassing story.
and mcdonalds can suck it. they ruin everything. stupid fast food goodness. i hate them. but i really don't. see, i gave up red meat for lent and mcdonalds is really hard for me right now.
did you know there was beef in pepperoni?
Ben & Jerry's = Satan. Lucifer.
Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream, Phish Food and the ever-delectable Chubby Hubby (incidentally what my wife calls me) are my faves.
Shamrock Shakes do, in fact, rule the fast-food world. Wendy's Frosty got NOTHIN' on the the ShamShake.
I'm so sad.
http://thepajamapundit.com/
no shamrock shakes? crazy.
and that's funny about ffh. small world. i mean, really. :)
thanks for commenting, by the way!
-k
Post a Comment