I'm more upset than I thought I would be... as much of an alpha male brat as he was (he got by on his good looks, not his charm, that's for sure... and he knew it) he was still a big part of the family. I'm more sad for him than for my own lack of him... it's just like, he had no idea this was his last morning, you know? He probably didn't understand that he was sick, or that the squirrel he chased yesterday was the last one, or that last weekend was his last trip to the Snow Barn with me (he still pitched a fit, as usual). But, as Jeanette (and some movie) said to me, all dogs go to heaven, and he's probably up there chasing squirrels, barking at neighbors, and rolling in dirt and having an all-around glorious time. :) We'll miss him...
April 7, 2008
Rest in peace, Pup-a-lup-a-gus
I'm more upset than I thought I would be... as much of an alpha male brat as he was (he got by on his good looks, not his charm, that's for sure... and he knew it) he was still a big part of the family. I'm more sad for him than for my own lack of him... it's just like, he had no idea this was his last morning, you know? He probably didn't understand that he was sick, or that the squirrel he chased yesterday was the last one, or that last weekend was his last trip to the Snow Barn with me (he still pitched a fit, as usual). But, as Jeanette (and some movie) said to me, all dogs go to heaven, and he's probably up there chasing squirrels, barking at neighbors, and rolling in dirt and having an all-around glorious time. :) We'll miss him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Actually, La, he was soon going to be 9! Time flies when you're having fun. And he had scrambled eggs two days in a row and got to hang his head out the car window on the way there (even though he was too weak to hang out long). He was such a cutie.I'll miss seeing him waiting in the front window, wagging his tail when I come home. He made everybody smile. Love Mom
I made the change to 9 instead of 8, thanks Mom. :)
madison and i are very sorry for your loss.
a couple of years ago my mom had to put down my dog from childhood, rascal. he also had liver disease. i picked him out at an adoption day at a publix the weekend after my parents got divorced. he was with me for 13 years. i still miss him.
we invite these living beings into our lives knowing that if the world works out the way it should, we will outlive them. and miss them when they are gone. but we do it anyway. and it is never easy.
maybe rackie and dunc will meet up in heaven and be friends. rackie can show him the ropes. act like the mother hen, kinda like me. i think they will get along famously. they actually kinda look like they could be long lost half-brothers....
Post a Comment