I mean, if we're gonna have an "r" in February, why not pronounce it? Love it? Glllorify it? I guess the "r" just doesn't really fit into our language. Try to say it - Feb-ru-ary. Ok, that works. But then say it fast - it makes your tongue trip up and then you don't pronounce the "-uary" part right. Goodness. Maybe it saves us from saying "Feb-YOU-airy," since the "r" kind of makes it more of a Feh-bew-airy. Hmm that's not exactly how it sounds when I say it, but it is more ew than you. Maybe I say it wrong. I hope I have time in my real-world life to read grammar and linguistics stuff. Nerddd alerttt.
Ahhh a bug was just crawling down my sleeve. Ick. Wonder where that came from. I don't even know what that was, it almost looked like a flying ant. What do termites look like?
Anyway, I was thinking about February on my drive home from the Y and somehow got to thinking about how I'm kind of glad I started school the year I did. I'm talking Kindergarten school, not Peabody/Vanderbilt. Yeah... I don't understand my train of thought either, really. But get how cool my class is: in '92, we finished 2nd grade. In '99, we finished 9th grade. Are you with me here? It makes it so easy to remember years and stuff. It also makes it easy to figure out how much older than me someone is - if they graduated in '00, I can easily say well they were a senior when I was a sophomore. Bam, just like that. Don't worry, I've thought about this many times before - this is not the first realization. But it's the first time I wrote about it.
Good story, I know!
February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man, your school year just caught on fire!
But get how cool my class is: in '92, we finished 2nd grade. In '99, we finished 9th grade. Are you with me here?
Ugh. I was in high school in 1992. You're young. I'm old.
Snoogans.
//PJP
Post a Comment