February 12, 2008

So Over Lunch

I'm tired of packing the same thing to eat every day. I always have a turkey sandwich or peanut butter and jelly. I don't really like a lot of other sandwich type things, which really sucks. And I don't like a lot of extras, either, such as mayo or tomatoes.

Anyone have any ideas for something healthy I can start bringing to lunch?

4 comments:

Collins said...

i have started bringing a salad to work everyday. a super easy salad because i stay in bed until the last possible moment, but a salad nonetheless. mixed greens from one of those prepackaged bags, cucumber, cherry or grape tomatoes, some shredded cheese (again, prepackaged)and-- this is the dealbreaker for me-- sunflower seeds. did i mention i normally hate salad. this seems to be working for me though.

my other suggestions involve soup and lean cuisine. i actually can't remember the last time i had a sandwich for lunch. now i realize you will probably read this and dismiss it since i think we have very different tastes (though i do love a good pb&j. some day i will have to tell you about the presentation i made about pb&j when i was applying to be an ACT instructor at princeton review.)

Carlos said...

Chinese dumplings! You can buy a whole bag of them at Costcos or BJs or whatever you guys have down there, couple that with some low-sodium soy sauce (since you're going for the healthy route), you've got yourself something delicious!

It's what I used to pack for lunch back in Taiwan :D

La said...

i like the salad idea, i tried that for a little this summer. and i like some soup but i haven't found a soup that i come back to time and again. and carlos i have never seen a chinese dumpling but i will keep my eyes open! thanks for the suggestions - i need more!

Anonymous said...

I like Amy's frozen burritos and enchiladas. They're organic and vegetarian (so I like to think they're healthy.) Amy's has a bunch of other genres of food too--it's not just Mexican food. They have a website--you can google Amy's Kitchen--and it's full of information.