So I made some pasta fagioli on Sunday, for the purpose of relieving my lunch situation. It was my first soup-from-scratch experience; I just didn't want to buy a canned soup because I think some of the nutritional value is lost and all that jazz, plus I enjoy cooking and thought making soup would be a fun challenge. It turned out pretty well! It was quite the production... I had to dice an onion, mince garlic (DUMB move - I should have bought a jar of minced garlic, because my fingers STILL smell like garlic... and I've showered twice, washed many dishes with odor-reducing Palmolive, and washed my hands too many times to count), chop parsley, cube a zucchini (the recipe didn't call for that... so, sorry if that was a cooking foul), etc. Luckily I didn't lose a finger. But it ended up pretty good, albeit a little (a lot) heavier on the pasta side than the fagioli side (my bad - it didn't look like enough pasta... until the pasta cooked).
Unfortunately, it made 8 servings. Which is, like, totalllly way too much. So, if you're hungry, lunch is on me.
February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
if only...
Post a Comment