October 31, 2007

Deep thoughts?

I have been noticeably absent this month! At least I warned you... The problem is, not only have I not had time to write anything in this here Spot, I haven't had time to have any interesting thoughts worth writing about. My brain is jam-packed with academic stuff, and when it's not, it's jam-packed with a whole lot of nothing in order to recover. I've been talking a lot with people lately about how I'm so close to done with school, and saying for the first time in my life (well, I mean I've been saying this since I started grad school) that I can't wait to be done with school. I've been going to school straight for how many years? I mean, let's say Kindergarten, although I also did preschool and kind of a pre-K. So like, obviously, almost all of my life. I need a freaking break - I deserve a freaking break, for that matter, because it's not like I just coasted through, ever. So I'm ok with complaining that I'm ready to be done. Furthermore, I'm SO excited to work. This summer gave me a real taste of working life, and I loved it. As you know, I worked in Peabody Graduate Admissions (still do) and interned at Belmont University, 8:30-5:00 every weekday. All previous jobs I've ever had have reinforced the idea that I need a college education and a professional job, and that contributed to me wanting to go back to school all the time. But this summer, I had a workday I loved followed by an evening of doing whatever the heck I wanted to. I can't wait. (Not to mention that I will finally have a real income... wow, that's a pretty foreign concept).

On that note, my mom retired this month and so I now have two parents living the life of leisure. Awesome for them! Retirement looks glorious...

The point of this post was really just to write something while I updated the layout a bit. Sorry if you feel cheated for having read through this whole things! I'll try to take better note of adventures in November.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let her kid you. She loved school. Cried the last day of school each year!!!!!

Anonymous said...

A note on the retirement...and the youngest family member is the only full time worker; which he thinks is really weird.