August 11, 2007
It's August 11th!
Which means one year ago, Mom and Dad and I were rolling into Tennessee with my car and a Rent-A-Van. While I don't have too many Deep Thoughts in regards to the past year, I do feel compelled to make some comment. I'm glad I chose Vanderbilt/Peabody. It was a rough adjustment at first - I like change, but I don't adjust to it quickly or without resistance. I knew that I wanted to get out of the Central PA Bubble of Amazingness for some extended amount of time in my life, and grad school was a good excuse to make me do it. I do still miss The Great State of Pennsylvania, though - it's home, and I love it. But I've definitely expanded my worldview down here, and given myself a chance to like new things and meet new people. The toughest time I had was adjusting my expectations - I was adjusting to a new city, a new job, a new school, new friends, and a financial situation I hadn't yet experienced and hadn't planned to experience, and once I just sucked it up and got used to having to do things for myself, all was well. But that's growing up, right, not just going to grad school? So all is well, I'm glad I'm here, I'm looking forward to meeting new students and my first class in 18 days. Graduation is May 9th and I imagine if I don't move to a new job before Commencement, I'll be moving out May 11th, which gives me nine months exactly left in Nashy. So I've got a fun nine months ahead of me with some great people in a truly fun city. Can't wait to report on the adventures. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've never had nine months seem like such a short period of time before
Post a Comment