August 8, 2007

I must say, I'm pretty stoked.

Two huge things in my life, which are actually quite minor on the grand scale of things:

1) I just stopped in at Peabody's new Commons for a mid-day caffeine jolt at the Common Grounds coffee shop (Common Grounds... har har hardy har) and am enough in love with the Commons to write about it. Now I'll have a place to hang out besides the Loudest Library On Earth, a place to get some coffee and snacks (although, there was a Munchie Mart on campus before, I just didn't know about it until April, so that's my own ignorance), a little workout room if I feel like it, *and* a place to get dinner quick before class three nights a week. ALSO, the guy working the counter informed me that my cup and straw are made of corn. CORN. And if I were to throw it on the ground, in 45 days it would be gone. How cool is that? I mean, kind of weird. But neat. He said it's also recyclable, but that I could throw it away and it wouldn't make a difference because of the whole completely-degradable thing, but here's my question: which recycle bin do I throw CORN into? It looks like clear plastic, but it's CORN - can these two very different specimens mingle happily in the recycler? I have to figure this out before I finish the coffee. Anyway, I have just two words to express how I feel about this whole Commons venture: like, wow.

2) They just got Microsoft Office whatever-this-version-is (looking..... 2007! duh, La) on the work computers and the BIG computer geek in me is ecstatic. They had it on the Belmont computers about a month ago, and I la-la-love it. It's getting more and more difficult for me to hide my love of computers these days - my bosses give me a spreadsheet project to work on and I go nuts with excitement. Nerd-o. It's just so cool.

That's all!
LJ

No comments: