June 16, 2007

The Saga of the Eye Cream

Get ready for beauty drama and personal details!

So, I've been using eye cream (creme?) since junior year at Etown. The skin under my eyes started getting all dry, so I did what I had to. Well, I stopped using that particular eye cream about a year ago because it stopped being moisturizing enough, and I started using another one. Which also wasn't quite right. So I started using another one during the spring , which solved the dry skin problem perfectly.

Lo and behold - who has wrinkles under her eyes? Ok, "fine lines." Whaaaat giiiives? I got it because it's gel-based, which is supposed to be good for acne-prone skin, which I have. And it's kind of expensive as far as the Target supply of eye creams goes, so I had high expectations, and I loved it up until the wrinkle discovery.

So, typical Laura story. It takes place over the course of probably three weeks... mostly concentrated on two days, though.

I went to Target to find a nice heavy moisturizing night eye cream. No luck - nothing that I was really thrilled with. Olay probably had good things, but I never liked Olay products very much (they always felt greasy and clogging... plus they're expensive), so I didn't look.

So I went back and looked at Macy's online to see if they had anything good, and I found one I liked and went to the Macy's store in Green Hills. Walked in, thought about it, realized that a) I would be spending probably double here than on the Olay products, and b) you know, eye skin probably doesn't get greasy clogged pores, so what am I afraid of with the Olay? So I didn't even look at any of the displays, I just walked around pretending to show some interest without wanting to be approached by the salespeople, did a loop, and walked back out.

Back to Target. Olay has nothing I want. Just not the right mix of things - I want a heavy cream, not a gel, I don't want SPF, I want targeted wrinkle control. Come on now.

Back online. Ordered from Macy's, it arrived today. Complete with perfume samples - which I think may actually be cologne samples for men. Oh well. I'm excited. So what if it was kiiiind of expensive? I need to take care of my skin while I'm young. Right?

I mean come on. Wrinkles at 23?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have about 33 percent of my head covered with grey hair, at 23, yeah we're aging way faster than we should

La said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

uh yeah, i second tim... grey PATCH at 22??? who are we...?