Ever catch yourself singing a song you don't particularly care for? Babs and I keep a radio in our bathroom set to a country station - because a) it's the only station that comes through with particular clarity, and b) well, we like country now - and I of course play it when I'm in the shower. Sometimes, a real annoying one will come on and I'll turn it off. But this morning - which is an unusual start to any shower story of mine since I normally shower at night (I went to the gym this morning, I'm getting pudgy!) - I was in the shower, zoning out to the max. Zone-out showers are the best because they're very therapeutic, but they're also dangerous because you do things you don't intend to do, like use conditioner before shampoo, take a huge chunk of skin out of your ankle (scars to prove it) with your razor, or accidentally decide to see what Cool Cucumber body wash will do for your hair (nothing much). So I'm zoning out, rubbing some apricot scrub into my face, and all of a sudden I hear the words "cuz I'm prouuud - to be - an A-mer-uh-CAN!" come out of my mouth.
Not that I'm not proud to be an American, or whatever. But that song...
That's all, I need not say any more. :)
LJ
April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment