December 7, 2006

Hungry

I didn't post this when I wrote it last week because it's not a well-rounded story - it ends abruptly, and it's rather pointless. Maybe I should tell you not to waste your time. But I'm posting it anyway. And I really was famished.


I'm at work right now. It's finals week number one for law students, and I'm here from 7:50am - 5 or 6ish pm every day this week and next week. Basically, I make sure testing rooms are good to go, I deliver exams to be copied, stuff envelopes, stick labels, start and end the timed exams, sort them, make sure students didn't put their identification on the exam (they're supposed to be annonymous to the professors), fix the bubbles on ScanTron answer sheets, and all kinds of other maintenance. It's fine - I'm so much better at life when I'm busy!

But I'm not better at life when I'm tired, or - more importantly - hungry. Today I hit snooze for half an hour, which left me 30 minutes to get ready for work so I didn't have time to pack a lunch. Fortunately, I'm always able to eat breakfast before I leave (heck, in high school I could roll out of bed and be at the bus stop within 10-15 minutes, having washed my face, gotten dressed, eaten breakfast, put on make up, brushed my teeth, and curled my hair - what happened to my morning time management?!). Last night there was a holiday party and I took a different purse with me to that. Soooooo obviously when I went to leave this morning, I forgot my wallet. I also forgot my laptop, which is really why I'm writing this blog, because normally I would post this kind of stuff in my away message but since I'm on a different computer I don't have IMer.

You know where this is going. So it's 2:00, I'm finally able to go eat - exam time starts at 1:05ish, then my coworker goes to lunch, so I'm at the bottom of the food chain (literally). I wasn't feeling hungry in the my-stomach-is-growling-so-loud-they-can-hear-it-down-the-hall kind of way because I'd had two Krispy Kremes, coffee, and some trail mix throughout the morning. Yeah, two Krispy Kremes, but you shouldn't be surprised - as mentioned in an earlier blog, baby pictures prove that I'm a Fat Kid at heart. At that point I was feeling a little faint, though. I've passed out or come extremely close to passing out at least once or twice a year since I was a senior in high school, so I consider feeling faint to be a legitimate concern and usually take it pretty seriously. Obviously, I went to the Law cafe to get a sandwich and had no wallet, so I couldn't eat or even get an orange juice. And I'm dumb and don't like to ask anyone to borrow money, so I'll be hungry til I go home. It's fine. If I really do start to pass out, I'll eat a third Krispy Kreme - s'all good. :)

No comments: