So when I collect law student exams, they put them in big manila envelopes to keep their exam easily separate from everyone else's. These envelopes seal by just folding the flap down on the top - it has self-adhesive on the flap and on the envelope where it folds. So for the past two weeks until yesterday, I have been getting a huge kick out of the students who walk down the room to hand in their envelope and LICK IT to seal it. I mean, obviously if it's self-adhesive, they do not need to lick it, and are probably getting really unnecessary gross tastes in their mouths. It's honestly hilarious, and 9 out of 10 times it's the guys who do it not the girls.
When we get the envelopes back to the office, it's my job to open them all (the adhesive isn't permanent, it opens pretty easily but I have to run my hand underneath the whole length of the flap) to make sure we have everything we need. Yesterday, I made the mental connection that if some students are licking the envelope, I am getting all of their germs on my hands when I open them later.
As the title of this post says: the joke is definitely on me.
Yours, from bacteria heaven,
La
December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh i could just see that coming. very very gross.
Post a Comment