(Exhibit A)The trip was rather uneventful... the worst was driving through Virginia because that took forever, and once we were in Tennessee I guess my adrenaline was rushing so I was just pumped to get there.
(I caught Debi J sleeping at one point in Virginia... sorry mom!)The trip was supposed to take 11.5 hours, but because of an accident when we were only miles outside of Nashville (apparently someone tried to run across the interstate and got hit by a truck? very sad), it turned into 13. We got to the apartment finally, moved some stuff in, and crashed at the Hampton Inn.
The next morning, the first task was to assemble the loftbed, which was a daunting idea. It actually went pretty smooth, though, with the exception of one screw which we could not screw in.
(oh loftbed)So that was that! We didn't explore too much, just enough to find Target and Kroger groceries. Oh I must tell you about Kroger: they have valet parking at the grocery store. I promise to get a picture of it at some point! So far it's not a different world at all... it really just feels like Pennsylvania. Sarah Babish moved in today and she even said she just feels like she's a couple hours away from home... not all the way down south. I'm glad she's here, I was feeling very alone last night, although our other roommate Jen is absolutely wonderful! I'm hopeful about this! For now, though, I will leave you with the picture of the day:


(Sarah and I stood for several minutes waiting for the ice maker in our freezer to make ice before our very eyes... it didn't pull through, though. We didn't wait too long, because we were afraid Jen would walk in at that very moment and see us staring into our freezer, and how would that be for a first impression?) :)
I miss PA (well, the people in PA), but I'm happy to be here! <3, La
2 comments:
just four years ago I saw a very similar picture, only in person. ... laura and mr. j putting up a loftbed.
Nice spot Laura J! I'll be checking back occastionally to see what's new! Holla!
B.
Post a Comment