
So on the drive home from the Opry, we turned onto our road and lo and behold...

The Dungeons and Dragons people were back! Now, if you look closely, you can see that these people are in full dungeon costume - we're talking cloaks, here, with swords and shields. This was the first thing Babs saw when she moved to Nashville last week. Mmmhmm, a little ridiculous. But, of course, we pulled over in the park parking lot to watch and take pictures and video. :) They had quite the spectator lineup...

(the people in this convertible were LOVING it)
So not much else has happened this week. I'm working at the Law School again more frequently which is a lot of fun. Also, I like dressing professional haha. I had my school's orientation on Tuesday, it was GREAT to finally meet some of the people I'll be studying with. I recognized a ton of faces from the February visitation day, I guess they really hooked us all with that.
I've also been going to the gym - they have an amazing rec center (altho yesterday I used the stationary bike and it had poor back padding and now my back is bruised along my spine, ouch). Gotta get back in shape for The Bod, the intramural team I joined! Softball's first, which is unfortunate because I have a feeling they'll get the impression that I'm a total sports failure, but hopefully I'll pull my weight when it comes to soccer season. Speaking of soccer...

I *finally* brought my favorite shirt out of forced retirement - no one here is gonna threaten to beat me up for wearing it around campus! Although you should know, I did promptly spill spaghetti sauce on it, which is ok, because I'd rather have my only Messiah shirt stained than, say, my only Etown shirt. My professor asked about sports at Etown and so I told him and another student about the Marshmallow Game - I'm gonna misssss that this year, yikes. Maybe, since I'm probably not going to be able to make it back for Homecoming (there's news from this week: I'm back to taking that class that meets Homecoming weekend), if there's no class on Marshmallow weekend I could come home for that... we shall see. Peer Mentors have been on my mind all week, p.s... you know how I hate missing out on the action.
Still a Blue Jay, even if I sport the Falcon shirt sometimes,
La <3
No comments:
Post a Comment