August 29, 2006

Checking things off the list already

I need to catch you up on this weekend, but I have fun stuff that happened tonight, and since I'm anal I need to do them in two different postings, so lucky you - you're getting two in one evening!

First off, this weekend!! I had another class - Institutional Advancement, a lot of Public Relations stuff, so it's pretty cool. I like the people in my program a lot. On Friday, we had my department orientation where we met the other new students in the Leadership, Policy, and Organization (something like that... we'll stick to calling it LPO henceforward) department, and then broke down into our 'majors' if you can call them that, which for me is Higher Education Administration. Afterwards, we met up with some second-year students and walked to SATco - South American Taco Company? - and all sat around for an hour having a beer and a chat. It was a nice, chill way to get to know people, I liked it. I can't wait to start playing intramurals (my team's name is The Bod, I love it) because being goofy and playing is a fun way to get to know people. :)

So after class was over on Saturday, we went to see... get ready - if you know me, you know this is huge for me... DAVE BARNES in concert!! A little background - I discovered his music either freshman or sophomore year (by downloading illegally, but don't worry Dave I then proceeded to purchase all CDs) and am in love with it. Upon deciding to move to Nashville, I discovered that he lived here, so seeing him in concert was in probably my top 3 things I needed to do while here - crazy that I checked it off so soon, huh? :) Some highlights from the night are below...
We'll make these pictures small since there are so many:

Babs has a tendency to look in pictures like she got punched in the eyesocket, so don't mind her. This is us getting pumped for the concert, plus some random guy I didn't even know was behind us.




This is Andy Davis... you can find him here:
http://www.andydavisonline.com/
and you can listen to some of his music here:
http://www.myspace.com/andydavis
There was a general consensus that he's amazing. :)

There was a second opener, but he was awful and a waste of my time, so he doesn't even get his picture posted here, sorry dude.

And then... Dave Barnes came onstage, and I flipped out a little. So I got a little obsessed:





You can find him here:
http://www.davebarnes.com/
And he also has a myspace account with free music:
http://www.myspace.com/davebarnes

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty heartbroken that he got married recently. :)

I'll leave with some pictures, and also, you should know that on Sunday we went in search of the Dungeons and Dragons people and lo and behold, they were there, exceeding all of our expectations with what appeared to be like a statewide gathering of them haha. We love it. We're making fan tshirts.

Love,
La <3

No comments: