Well, I guess today is the day to officially be homesick for the first time. More like PA-sick. Or really, Elizabethtown-sick, or even to be totally 100% specific... Peer Mentor-sick... all those other parts will come later, I'm sure (altho here's a note: because I get to talk to most of my friends online every day, it's easier to not miss them so much.. woo internet). So I get up this morning and all the PMs are either back at school, or totally pumped because they're heading back today... that was sadness number one, because that's the ultimate day of the year, the absolute most exciting one. Then, to top it off, driving to class (we'll get back to that thought) I passed all of the upperclass move-in helpers sitting around outside dorms waiting for the freshmen to arrive in their bright yellow shirts (the shirts say the V-Haul committee, that's cute). So there's like day of excitement number two, reminding me of the awesomeness of getting to meet all the new peer kids. :-( I mean I'm ok, I'm not crying or anything, but it's sad because I really loved that part of my life and I'm going to miss it constantly and there's nothing yet to sort of fill it's absence. So PMs, if you're reading this... (cheesy moment) I miss you and love you and you'll be on my mind hardcore these next few weeks, and I hope you're having tons of fun and taking lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you!! I fully expect to be clued in on all the new developments, too - you cannot shirk your duties of informing me on gossip simply because I'm hundreds of miles away.
So my class... is really cool! It meets Friday night and Saturday all day basically, which needless to say is a huge chunk of weekendness. I thought I'd have a hard time because I really cannot focus for long periods of learning, but it turned out quite well. Discussing interesting things, lots of self-governing (is that the right word? probably not, I'm fried)... fun stuff. I like. :)
That's all really. I couldn't take any pictures of the move-in because it's hard to do a drive-by photo op and that's the only place I saw the V-Haulers. I also need to figure out why some pictures on here don't show up after a day. Weird. It's nap time, or I will never make it out on the town tonight.. (we're going in search of free music!)
Go forth and multiply,
La <3
August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment