I remember disliking cornhole immensely when I lived in TN because it was was one of those slow time-wasting things that Southerners did! Perhaps I was the impatient Yankee, and I may always have a bit of that in me, but I mostly think my inability to just chill the heck out when I lived there was mostly due to the fact that I was in school and between that and having roommates, I really had no "me" time to just recharge my batteries by myself. (A recent personality test just determined that I am, after all, more introvert than extrovert.) Yeah, let's go with that explanation.
So anyway, somehow I have come to finally enjoy cornhole, and Tim B. would be proud to see me now at least enjoying myself, if not actually being even remotely good at it. We're going to have lawn games at the wedding cocktail hour and so, therefore, there will be cornhole.
Ready for it?
I'm pretty pumped about the way they turned out. I painted the border on a few weeks ago, picked a font with a K that I liked (discovery: every serif K looks just about the same as every other serif font's K), blew it up, printed it, and traced it onto the boards. One more coat on the K's and then we'll seal those suckers up and test them out. Preliminary testing in the dining room was called off due to noise - our neighbor's bedroom is on the other side of the wall!
And I have gobs of blue paint left - the semi-gloss exterior paint that was called for only comes in quarts. So if you have an interest in painting anything blue, you let me know. (Seriously! What do people do with all of their leftover paints?)
2 comments:
They look great & I'm super excited! I've never officially played cornhole...just bean bag tosses. Also, I have no idea what people do with paint. We pile our partially full containers up in the garage and hope for another project. This is just one great explanation for why our garage is so full.
Those look wonderful!
Post a Comment