May 12, 2010

Back at it!

Forgive my absence... I fell into the AC Admissions Abyss.  April was crazy - several 7-day weeks with 14-16 hour days.  But it all paid off, and we hit the first week of May exactly on the money.  It's truly amazing how that happens!

It's funny though, because it's both a joyful week and a sad one.  You find out that a bunch of the students with whom you have corresponded for at least a year, some longer, have decided to call your college home for the next four years!  And then you also find out that probably more of them decide that they are going elsewhere, even though you know they would have done so well at your college (and will do well wherever they go).

But I'm back to the real world now, with somewhat of a vengeance.  It went from go-go-GO to .......... I have nothing but "thinking" projects to work on.  It's really difficult to make that switch!  I'm easily distracted now and feel like I have to have tasks to work on.

It's a relatively quiet summer coming up, so I should have some fun projects to blog about and hope to get back to more regular updates.  So, without further ado...

No comments: