I think it's a well-known fact that I love libraries. No, no. I LOVE them. When I went back for my first Etown homecoming after graduation, I took more pictures of High Library than any other building:
Exhibit A: Approaching High Library
Exhibit B: Everyone's favorite study table. You thought I was joking?
There are more where those came from. I even have videos taken from inside High Library during the college years... but I know someone who would kill me if they were made completely public (hi Jeanette!). And check out this archived blog post for further evidence. Actually, when I was trying to find that, I think the word "library" popped up more times in my search than any other word would. I'm serious about my libraries.
Mostly this library obsession started in college because that's where I studied best ("studied" if I was with my bff J), but since I've been my on my own I have also come to value the local public library, even though I don't hang out there. (I swear I don't.) I get audiobooks to listen to while I'm driving, and check-out books to read pretty frequently.
This is a picture I took when I first moved to the Mead. Does that further prove my point? Good.
So when I saw a pamphlet in the Meadville Public Library about their annual patrons' drive, I thought it only made sense to make this one of my monthly donations. Support what you love, right?
February therefore is library month for me. Actually, I think I missed the patrons' drive deadline, but I'm sure they'll still take my money. I'd urge you to support yours, too! It's amazing what resources you can find in your local library - not just entertainment like audiobooks and literature, but also free children's programming, tutoring, free learn-a-language programs, and free CDs and DVDs. It's crazytown!

No comments:
Post a Comment