December 20, 2009

Brr

One week from today I will be at the Packers vs. Seahawks game! I'm pretty pumped. Andrew's family are huge Packers fans - his parents met in Green Bay, where they both attended college, and they have a number of season tickets. I drove with them past the stadium two August's ago when I was out there with them on their family vacation to Door County, WI. Here's the evidence:













As you can tell, this picture was taken on a perfectly lovely day. I believe Andrew was wearing shorts and a polo at the time.

This time, of course, it will be December. And... this place is called The Frozen Tundra of Death! Ok I made up the of Death part, but seriously, this is how I'm starting to feel about my future at Lambeau.

So I'm heading home to YoCo Tuesday night and then hitting the road from there for Wisco next Saturday, which means I have to have everything packed and figured out by tomorrow night - because there's no driving 5 hours back to my apartment if I forget something major... like boots or a coat.

Watch the first few minutes of this toasty little number: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-americas-game/09000d5d80130ab3/America-s-Game-1967-Packers

The "liquid antifreeze" idea might not be too shabby. *Also, I just learned that AK's dad was at this game!

Tonight I'm packing, and I decided I needed to make sure I really had this outfit planned out. I'm a skier, so I do have experience bundling up. And, with my parents' encouragement and Andrew's assurance that other fans (though not his family - "if my dad makes fun of you, it's because he likes you") wear snow pants, I will be decked-out as if going skiing. Except possibly even more than when skiing, because at least when I'm hitting the slopes I'm in motion.

So, here's my gift to you:













This is my enactment - in my living room, which makes a pathetic backdrop (use your imagination) of me sitting in Lambeau next week when the Packers score their first touchdown.

Hahahahaha.

Long underwear, yoga pants, sweatpants, snow pants, ski socks, two long-sleeved tshirts, a sweatshirt, a turtle, two hats, and ski gloves. It is not at all chilly in my apartment... I was roasting.

This is my first-ever NFL game, which I think now will have to make me an official Packers fan.

2 comments:

Andrew K. said...

I must say la, this is BY FAR the BEST post in your blogging career. AND the video, which I watched in its entirety, was a great added feature. Though I don't think it will be that cold next Sunday, I appreciate you being prepared. Happy la equals a happy time.

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's great sis. I agree with Andrew that in thinking it won't be that cold but that's awesome your seeing a game at Lambeau field.