October 14, 2009

Gah.

I just need to complain.

So, I'm paying off my education loans, and I'm doing a pretty good job - I pay almost double every month what I actually owe, and when I get extra money somehow I try to put it towards that. To put it into perspective, I'm actually paying more on my loan every month than I'm paying rent.

My Uncle Rod passed away last year and left my dad some money, which he was gracious enough to split amongst the family. I wanted to put some of it towards my loan. I get my loan automatically deducted every month from one of my checking accounts, and in the past when I have made an additional payment, they did not deduct my normal amount for that month.

So this time, I decided to pay the extra money PLUS my monthly payment, to make sure that I'm still paying what I've budgeted for this month in addition to Rod's gift.

Well, OF COURSE, I wake up this morning and I have a notice from my bank that the loan company initiated a withdrawal from my account that overdrew my balance. So, I paid my monthly withdrawal plus some, and then they still withdrew my monthly amount.

I'm ticked. I have the money to switch back into that account, but now this puts off my budget by a month. I don't even know what I can do about it?? At least the money is still going towards something useful, but that was several hundred dollars that was supposed to be for new skis or a down payment towards a car or house (the account is just called Down Payment at this point in time) and now I have to decide which one I will deduct from, when it was supposed to be perfectly worked out. Bah.

No comments: