Yesterday was rough! Here's the whole story, in all of it's terrible glory.
I stayed in Ardmore Saturday night - it was a good night, I went to a fundraiser for some friends who are doing the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk in a few weeks, and was in bed by 11 because I had a college fair in northern NJ on Sunday at noon.
I left with enough time to get me there at least 45 minutes early, and was making pretty excellent time - until, at 11:15, I ran into a carnival .5 miles from where my directions were taking me.
Several things were wrong here... a) the carnival offered no detour signs, b) there were a ton of one-way roads that seemed completely willy-nilly and had no order, and, as I discovered after half an hour of driving around trying to get to where my directions were taking me, c) I realized that I had printed directions to the wrong branch of the county college where the fair was being held.
Yep. Spent 30 minutes trying to find a detour to the wrong location - in fact, completely the wrong town, which is how I finally realized I was in the wrong place.
So now what? I don't have a smart phone, I don't have a GPS, and I have bad directions and... hey guess what I left my US map in the Enterprise parking lot and only brought my PA map.
Where is a Wawa when you need one? Apparently nowhere in Morristown, NJ. I had seen signs off of the highway coming in for a Starbucks and I figured there had to be civilization around a Starbucks so I drove back down the highway a couple miles and found a RiteAid where I bought a map of NJ.
Well. Apparently, Randolph, NJ is not good enough for Rand-McNally. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.
Finally I gave in and called AK and he, from his parents' house in Wisconsin, gave me directions to Randolph, NJ.
By this time, I was an hour late. But it doesn't end there!
I have to go to another college fair at the moment... stay tuned for more later.
October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment