So yesterday, I was spending my morning in Delaware! It was great because I did not get to go there last year, even though it's in my territory and it's right next door. Besides not having sales tax (cheapest Starbucks latte I have ever had), it also has clearly-marked roads, which helps a lot for me.
Except for one visit, where I was warned by the guidance secretary that I needed to get directions to DuPont ROAD, not Street, not Highway. And in Delaware, there are a lot of DuPonts.
So I printed my Google Maps directions to ROAD, but of course when I get there, they actually took me to STREET but called it Road. D'oh.
So I pulled over and called - and after two wrong numbers I finally got the right person. And I had my directions and a pen out, but she told me to start driving to make sure I was where she thought I was so I could tell her roads as I saw them.
This threw me for a loop, so I hurriedly put everything off to the passenger seat and started driving, but for some reason I hung on to my pen.
So I'm talking and I'm listening, and I'm half-mindedly thinking that I don't need this pen so I'm going to just tuck it away. And as I am putting it somewhere, I am realizing that I don't know where I'm putting it. So the second it leaves my fingers - it's lost.
Like, completely lost. I couldn't devote any mental attention to what I was doing because I had to focus on listening and driving, so even though I inherently knew that I was losing my pen as I was losing it, I couldn't do a thing to divert my attention to it so I could stop it.
Has that ever happened to you? Probably not, I realize it's weird.
Even weirder - as soon as I got to the school, I tore up my car and COULD NOT find it! It's still M.I.A. And I didn't have my windows open so I couldn't have tucked it right out of the car. But it's gonzo.
In other news, I'm now in AK's apartment because the realtor was kind enough to call him back last night and give him the password for the lockbox outside. But I did spend last night in a nice Hampton in Delaware - cheap, too!
October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment