June 3, 2009

I have a gas stove

If you do, too, you might know what I'm talking about with this story.

I have one burner (in case it matters, it's the one in the front right corner... so the one I'm most inclined to use because it's right there next to my prep space) that takes a little while to charge up.

And by charge up, I mean it is spewing out gas and clicking away, trying to get a spark going to light the flame.

And every time it goes longer than 5 seconds, I have to take a step back and start preparing my exit route, because I'm afraid it has already leaked out enough gas to light the whole kitchen aflame.

Do you have that fear?

I also have the irrational fear when I'm in the car that any time someone in front of me throws a cigarette out the window and I drive over it, that my car will instantly go up in flames. So maybe I have a gas/flames complex or something.

1 comment:

M.Gullatta said...

The cigarette/window thing gets me every time. I really hate when people do that. I always think it's going to puncture a tire or something... like it'll hit that one part of the tire that's thinner than the others, get lodged, and pop the whole thing.

I think your fears are justified. I suggest you just use the microwave.