May 25, 2009

Outdoorsy

It was a lovely weekend to have an extra day off! AK came up to visit me and we went up to Erie for a bike ride on Presque Isle, followed by dinner and a movie. Unfortunately, both of the downtown restaurants I had on my list for dinner were closed when we got there at 5:30!! The one closed earlier in the afternoon, and the other was closed just for that day. Bummer - I actually wanted to try something new! So we went to the usual Italian place in town, and then went to see Angels & Demons at the movies. It was horrendous - I was a wreck. No one told me there would be that much murder!

Sunday we went to church and then went to a little wine festival at a local-ish winery. We did the free tastings with full intent to purchase a bottle, but sadly found that we didn't care for any of the wines! That's a shame. But we enjoyed the festival atmosphere for a while before we left, then stopped and got some filet mignon for dinner and cooked ourselves a really nice little dinner! And afterwards, because we're getting old, we went out for a walk after dinner like adults do. Sigh.

Today was equally outdoorsy! We went to a nearby creek/lake/dam area and took a walk and then found a picnic bench and played some cards. I also conveniently stepped in dog dirt, so that effectively ruined my day. In my new sneakers!!!! Ugh.

It's nice to do the outdoorsy things that are so prevalent here in Northwestern PA! And if you're curious, you can see some of the pictures I took, here:
Memorial Day Weekend 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw the bikes look SO much fun! i miss riding bikes. i'm scared to ride mine in the city.
looked like an awesome gorgeous day!!!!!!!!!!!!