February 22, 2009

A purchase riddled with mistakes

So, the first time I ever enjoyed coffee in my life was when I was in Costa Rica on a coffee plantation. Actually, it was the first time I'd ever tried coffee black - everyone always said, oh if you don't like coffee just add cream and sugar and you'll be fine... but it turns out it was the cream I didn't like ruining my coffee!

Well, I subscribe to that plantation's emails, and they had a great deal for free shipping on any order, plus they'd enter you into a drawing to win a free trip to Costa Rica. Bingo! So I ordered two bags of my favorite flavors and the deal was dunzo.

Turns out I forgot to specify that I wanted GROUND coffee. D'oh. Sending them back would totally blow my free shipping deal. Sure, it came with a free sample of ground decaf, but... really.

So I procrastinated on creating a course of action until things were dire and went to Wal-Mart to get a coffee grinder. I meant to buy the one I got my dad for Christmas, because I had done some research and it was the better option.

Lo and behold, I realized not long after I got home that I purchased the WRONG ONE! Ugh!! It doesn't have a self-cleaning mechanism! And it has lower ratings on Wal-Mart.com! And I'm already at my maximum budget for the month and the other one costs $5 more so exchanging it would have to wait until March if I want to be good! Tragedy of tragedies!!!!

I decided to line everything up and take a picture, to complement this story:













OF COURSE, the little bag of decaf then suddenly and inexplicably EXPLODES all over my table, chair cushion, and floor:













Suffice it to say, this blog post has quickly turned into an advertisement for dustbusters (Dirt Devils?)... because I pulled out my trusty one and it completely solved all my problems. Well, clearly that's an exaggeration since I'm still stuck with an unwanted grinder and two bags of coffee I can't use without it.

So here is my dustbuster, getting the credit it deserves (also with my banana bowl in the background... I am not a photographer):














Of course, all said and done, I realize that Wal-Mart has a generous return policy... so I am going to keep the coffee grinder and see how it goes.

Welcome to my everyday life...

...and on that note, I had to come back into my apartment 4 times yesterday en route to the gym because I kept forgetting things. Yup. Four. 2 times I'd actually gotten in the car, once I'd actually driven half a mile. I know, it doesn't make any sense at all.

No comments: