First off, hey there! I've been gone a while but now I'm back. I've had things to say, but it's hard for me to sit down and focus on just one thing, one day at a time - I want to write it all, pronto. But I don't have time for 'it all' so I just put off any of it.
I digress.
We were on vacation! You can see the album here:
![]() |
| Killington 2009 |
It was great, and that's all I really need to say! I arrived back in M-ville last Saturday, went in to work to get a little caught up on Sunday, and grocery shopped Sunday night. I bought my ice cream - chocolate peanut butter cup from Turkey Hill - ate a little baseball helmet-shaped cup of it, and went to bed. Actually, I didn't even eat the whole cup - for some reason, my appetite had been satisfied before I finished, and I actually put some back in the carton for later. That NEVER happens with ice cream. You can see where this is going.
Monday morning I got up for yoga at 6am... and something was w-r-o-n-g wrong. My intestines felt twisted and gurgle-y. I put on my yoga clothes though, downed some water, and laid down on the bed to wait it out, but by 6:30 I was feeling worse and crawled back in bed, setting my alarm for 7 to get up for work. Well. Without saying too much, I got sick in many ways. It was pretty traumatic, actually, considering the fact that I never ever ever get sick to my stomach - ever. Never. Although, to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be.
I think the peanut butter poisoned me. My parents and I checked the list of recalled products, and even though my flavor isn't on the list, other Turkey Hill ice creams with similar PB swirls in them have been recalled. You would think they use the same peanut butter, right? I'm hanging on to it so I can get my money back if it does get recalled ($5 is $5), but suffice it to say - even if it wasn't my beloved peanut butter, I am not going to take the risk.
All that is backstory to another tale I want to tell. I went grocery shopping again yesterday and wanted ice cream, and I have to say... when my ice cream is off the list, deciding on a flavor is the absolute hardest decision of the entire day. I walked up and down the freezer aisle for a good 10 minutes or more, debating.
Mint chocolate chip? Regular chocolate chip? No, I like to have chocolate syrup for those, and since I don't have any right now and I wanted to stick to the list I'd already made (yay budget and planning!), those were out. Chocolate chip cookie dough? Eh, not really feeling like vanilla-based flavor. Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun? Uh, that's 1/4 of the size of all the other ice creams but only 20 cents less? Forget it.
I am ashamed of my ultimate choice.
Frozen yogurt. Chocolate with sundae swirl, or something to that effect.
Who am I? I think the salmonella messed with my brain cells while it was in me. I mean sure, it tastes all right and it's got live and active cultures (! that's kind of gross, when you think about it) that are good for the system. So I guess PB turned its back on me... and I turned my back on ice cream. When this all blows over we can all forgive each other I suppose.
I miss my ice cream. :-(

1 comment:
Let's hear you say that when you're at Handel's next time!
Post a Comment