January 15, 2009

What is it with me and extremes?

I spent one summer in Nashville, and it was hot as ____. Pick your noun - if it's something really really hot, Nashville was as hot as it. I couldn't step out the door without breaking a sweat, it was just miserable and oppressive. And everyone said it was among the hottest Nashy summers ever, and of course it happened while I was there. Babs said the next summer was much milder.

And on Tuesday, I heard someone say "so far this is the worst winter we've had" and I thought... what the heck is my luck? I mean I knew it was going to snow a lot - a LOT - here, I mean we feel the Lake Effect. I don't really even understand the Lake Effect, but I know it means snow and cold. So I just thought this was normal. Apparently not? Although, I guess this chill is everywhere in the US.

Seriously it's a ton of snow. I'm not sure I've seen this much snow - and yet businesses and schools still operate at full force, it's amazing. I love it. I could probably live in this kind of climate forever - pleasant summers, snowy winters. Perfection!

I think people would have to worry if I moved to a rainy city... with my record, there would suddenly be a monsoon season.

No comments: