December 16, 2008

Cold. And, a cold.

So my apartment heater was broken for about three weeks. But, broken in the abnormal direction: it just wouldn't quit pumping out heat. It usually hovered around 78-80 degrees F, but it hit 91 on Sunday night. And so I called the managers for the 2nd time and was a bit tart with them, and came home yesterday to find it fixed. Hallelujah! I was so thankful for a cold apartment when I woke up this morning, and I slept better last night than I've slept in the whole three weeks! My apartment didn't even get that hot in the summer without the A/C on.

And now commentary on another cold matter... the rhinovirus. I don't get sick often, and when I do it's not usually debilitating. I've been fighting off a mid-level cold now for about 2 weeks... last week was pretty rough, but I went to Central PA for the weekend and felt entirely cured!

Only to return to NWPA, and discover that I was returning to my cold, too. How does that happen? It's definitely a cold and not allergies... they are two completely different types of snot with me. Ha, sorry. But it is the truth.

No comments: