Sad! I mean, it's here in case I need it. But I'm sorry if you follow me, because I can't predict when I'll feel motivated again to write. I just have not been feeling creative. Here's all that's happening in my life:
- Travel season is over at work. Tomorrow, we start reading applications... and I hear that continues for many months.
- I'm currently reading A Tale of Two Cities and am absolutely loving it. Charles Dickens is hysterical - and I mean that. I have chuckled and flat-out guffawed a few times, and I'm only in Book 2.
- I ran 1.5 miles tonight at the gym, and walked about 1.3. I'm hoping to start doing morning workouts, but that plan failed this morning and I suspect it will fail again tomorrow. New running shoes are in my near future, and I am toying with the idea of becoming a runner, against my better judgment and the knowledge that I have never enjoyed running, even when I was pretty good at it.
- Lake Effect snow is currently coming down outside my window. I had to Google "Lake Effect" to figure out why Weather.com told me that not only do I have an emergency weather: snow alert... but I have an emergency weather: Lake Effect Snow alert. Yes, this snow has a title, baby. And my super-serious Sorel boots arrived just in the nick of time!
- My first loan payment is due on December 14th. I once again officially hate Wachovia, this time because they sent me a statement for my accumulated interest before it was capitalized, and so I paid it, and then they proceeded to capitalize it two days before my interest payment arrived. I will maintain that I was unaware of the deadline, for the sake of blind hatred.
- I have yet to find a church that I like... but I admit that I have not really been trying. I just want to stay a Methodist without having to settle for a church I don't care for. Oh, Brentwood UMC and Dr. Olds, I miss you! I thought when I moved away that I would be able to listen to his podcasts on iTunes and that would be ok, but was unaware how sick he actually was. Note to self: look into new BUMC pastor's voice... does it boom and rumble?
- Last week, I turned a quarter-century old. Holy mother!
- We're going SKIING AT KILLINGTON! The whole crew, for the first time since 1998, is returning to our favorite resort ev. It's like a reunion tour! I am also a chaperone for the AC ski & snowboard club this year, which is kind of exciting because it means I get to try out a new-to-me ski resort for free - and all I need to do is show up and be the keeper of the club credit card. Score.
November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment