November 13, 2006

The Big 2-3

Did you know, every birthday is 'The Big #-#'? Just a thought.

Anyway, today (technically yesterday by this point in time) was The Big 2-3. It was appropriate, I guess, that at one point when I ran my fingers through my hair like I compulsively do, out came a hair that was either really pale blonde or fully grey. Neither of those is particularly good news - I'm already too much of a ditz to turn blonde, and 23 seriously is not old enough to be grey. Or gray. However you'd like to spell it.

A few months ago, Sarah Reddon and I were wasting time online by looking at match.com profiles, which you can do without having a subscription (you're gonna go do it now, aren't you? It's a fascinating way to procrastinate... I won't judge you). And we were discussing online dating, and the comment was made that we shouldn't sign up until age 23. Hence today was 'happy match.com day' to me. I didn't sign up, but there's the explanation in case you saw that anywhere.

I didn't do anything extraordinary at all, but I had a nice weekend! I didn't need anything crazy. I had a bit of a bummer 21st, but 22 was amazing so I think I'm set for life. Some good pictures from last year:


Started out at the Inn for one of the last times before it closed! Jeanette was making fun of me for spacing out, which is quite clear in the picture.








Later we went back to B1, then a few of us migrated to the Rose Garden. This is one of the typical Laura and Brandon pictures. Ashley K got me pink ribbon for my hair. :)






I like this one haha.









Here's my favorite picture from my 22nd birthday, it will live on to haunt Jeanette forever:

Oh, NED!










Last weekend I went back to visit Etown, which was plenty excitement for me - I'm basically considering it my birthday present haha. The pictures from Etown last weekend are at the bottom of the page because it's late and I'm having difficulties getting them to go where I want them. I was a happy little camper, let me tell you... people say that going back somewhere is weird when you've been gone for a while, but it didn't feel weird, it felt like home. Like all of this Tennessee stuff was a dream and I was home and everything was fine. Big hugs and cheek kisses to my gorgeous hostesses, my ride home, the A4 boys, and everyone who made me feel so welcome back in the town of E. :)

Back in Nashville now, obviously, and I'm finding that I get much more used to it every time I come back from somewhere. It's becoming the norm, and I'm feeling more at ease with people and places. :) People are really good to me here, too, and I'm grateful.

This month: lots of library time. I have two big papers due on December 1st, which I realized this weekend is only three weeks away. Home to YoCo from Monday before to Monday after Thanksgiving... Wednesday night date night with the homegirls at Cobblestones (if you're a CYHS grad, it goes without saying that we'll see you there), Friday B1 reunion in the LancLanc! Pumped. My brother's coming to Nashville December 3rd-ish for a Vandy bball game, that'll be fun! The first two weeks in December tho are finals at the Law School and our office proctors all exams so I will be working 7:30 am - 6:00 every day for those two weeks... not gonna be fun. But that's that. I'm done with school by the 14th, and that's just a silly paper, everything else major is December 1st. Hopefully I'll be able to take some down time and explore more, or just read a book for fun for a change or something. :) Anyway, that's that.

Ciao for now,
La

No comments: