Well, here I am... Sunday afternoon, I had nothing going on. I've been very inspired recently by some style and crafting blogs, as well as etsy.com, and have been just itching to sew up something nice. So Saturday I wandered into the fabric store in town just to look, came out with a beautiful yellow print, and decided that I was going to make a table runner.
There's my workstation... which is also the home of the completed project:
It turned out pretty well. My sewing machine gave me a few problems with the stitches and the feeder, so I ended up with some crooked lines but that's all right - it doesn't need to be perfect when you make it yourself, right? I really got in the zone though... it was nice to just lose track of time because I was enjoying the task at hand. I guess when you use your brain to organize words and people all week long, to just sit and do a manual project that requires a different kind of thinking is such a nice relief.
So THEN I had some apples left from the CSA farmer and they were suggested to be used only for baking, not for straight-up eating. So obviously I had to bake something! And for some reason I decided on a cheesecake recipe that had an apple pecan topping, even though I don't like cheesecake and have never made one before.
I felt confident though. Until I poured it into the pan, and the pan was so full it was almost to overflowing. That was the first cue that something was wrong. Actually, the first problem was that I used white sugar instead of brown in the crust, and then the second problem was that I had only purchased 1/4 of the cream cheese I needed, so I had to go back to the grocery store at 9pm that night. Anyway.
I finally reviewed the recipe and discovered that I had put a WHOLE container of sour cream into it... instead of a HALF. So it's entirely ruined!! I have to throw it away. Like I said, I don't even eat cheesecake... so there's no saving it if it's not presentable to others. I was just going to take it into work and unload the calories on them. :-)
Still, despite that setback, it was a very satisfactory Sunday!
1 comment:
The cheesecake looks good though.
Post a Comment