So here's a funny story... I think it's funny, anyway, and I walked out of the situation laughing out loud to myself in a public parking lot.
Three weeks ago, I went camping. One week ago, I started getting a few patches of itchy bumps that looked like bugbites. Two days after that, the bugbites were full-fledged blister clusters, in various geometrical shapes and linear patterns all over my legs and a little on my neck.
Fittingly, when I was camping three weeks ago and specifically out for a walk of the PA Grand Canyon, I was wearing high soccer socks, shorts, a long-sleeved shirt, and a bandana... so, the area that is currently affected with blistery disgustingness also fills in the gaps where I had exposed skin on that walk.
It has been a while since I've had poison, and I have never had poison blister quite this badly, so I'm thinking it has to be something different than the usual poison ivy. So I got some calamine lotion and tried to wait it out.
Trouble is, I'm going off to camp tomorrow to be a supercool camp counselor for a week in the woods, and... what if this isn't actually poison? Or, what if it takes a turn for the worse and I'm out in the woods with not even a nurse?
So after work I went to the Urgent Care facility in town, paid my copay, talked to a nurse, and saw a doctor. He hardly looked at it, really, but asked me about how long I've had it and how I've been treating it, and just said ok well I think we're going to give you a shot to calm down your system.
Here's the funny part... this evening, I was injected with steroids.
On my butt.
July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This weekend was Sunshine's birthday extraveganza and she has pretty much the same exact story as this one right here! Roiders unite!
And when I say Sunshine, I mean her friend Kelly. I forgot to include that part. This is how rumors begin.
Post a Comment