March 30, 2009

I got my new glasses today!

And then I didn't.

Isn't it disappointing when you get an exciting new thing and then realize something is wrong with it and you have to take it back? My new glasses were super-cool until I realized that the tinting in the lenses (my eyes are just sensitive, ok?), for which I paid $12 extra, was not there. I mean, I was 97% positive they lacked the tint, which for many things would be just enough to make me live with it.

I'm really bad at taking things back. I just deal with what comes to me, even if it's not what I ordered. I'll complain about it to friends and family, I won't shop there again... but I won't take it back.

So I'm pretty proud of myself today, for turning right around and walking in and saying... uhhhh, anyone? And they brought me up 3% in certainty, and they're going to fix it, stat.

It's funny to watch myself grow the more time I spend on my own. Still haven't done a lot of other things on my Big-Girl to-do list, though... like, call my landlord to fix the toilet run and the leaking fridge, which I have been meaning to do since they day I moved in. Baby steps.

No comments: