Yeah... I had a momentary lapse of judgment when I set a goal higher than I could possibly reach. I'm talking about my workouts.
I recently said that I'd a) like to become a runner, and b) start working out in the morning.
Well, let me tell you. I should definitely know better. ESPECIALLY when it comes to trying to achieve both at the same time.
I realized that last week, the reason I didn't get up a single morning to go to the gym was
because a) I wasn't looking forward to running, and b) I wasn't looking forward to getting up. Truth be told, I hate running. And I hate working out in the morning. Even when I trained for soccer, I couldn't work out in the morning - I don't have the wherewithall to handle that much movement until much later, and certainly not the strength for a quality workout until the end of the day. I mean, I almost faint in the shower when I shower in the mornings (I'm normally a night showerer) simply from standing up and moving around too much too soon. Who am I kidding?
So, someday I will switch to mornings. But right now, I think I can commit to getting up slightly earlier to go to work slightly earlier so I can leave right on time at the end of the day and have less to do at night, so that I can make time to workout at night. And I will start by getting back into my training routine of a hard run warmup followed by weights followed by 30-40 mins of cardio. Once I'm there, we'll see if I can fade into more running.
This feels like a New Year's Resolution, but it's much, much lamer.
December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Last night, I ran for 30 minutes and walked for another 15 on a track that takes 21 go rounds to equal just one measly mile. I think you this would solve your problems of not wanting to run...I mean really, does anything sound better than that?
Post a Comment