So, Google Maps is much more accurate than MapQuest, but it takes me on such back-country roads and even alleys that sometimes I feel completely lost.
On Tuesday, the feeling of being lost was completely magnified, when I turned a corner and saw a huge orange flame on a post in the ground in the middle of a field (next to what looked like an oil rig - that cannot be safe).
Figuring I was lost and would have to turn around anyway, I did not take a picture of it.
But as I turned another corner on this road, there was a tractor-trailer blocking my side of the road so I had to slow down for a bit... and as I got closer, I saw that there were two men walking up next to the tractor trailer from a clearing in the woods.
I'm already feeling like I've gone back in time to the days of Braveheart from that flaming stake, and then I see that these two men look rather... outdated, too. Almost Amish- or Mennonite-looking, with flat straw hats and beards... but their outfits weren't quite Anabaptist, and their faces were not... peaceful.
It really freaked me out. So when I came upon another flaming stake, next to a barn, I snapped this picture so I would remember the situation. See the flame?
And that's Tuesday's photo from the road.
Weeeeiiiiiirrrrdddddddddd!!!
P.S. I wasn't lost - Google Maps did steer me in the right direction. Right through the 13th Century.
No comments:
Post a Comment