I am a ball of nerves. I just posted my first-ever item on Craigslist for sale this afternoon (my loftbed cannot leave Nashville with me) and have already had 5 or 6 responses. I'm so freaked out! What if people think they want it, and then don't once they see it? I mean, it does squeak a little and it's got some nicks, but it's a really sweet deal. Also, it's weird to be in contact with people I don't know and don't have any way to get a reference on. Scary.
Fear of the unknown - it's the same thing that prevented me from going to the shoe repair shop for a long long time. Once I get past this sale successfully, I'll be more comfortable with this and may do it all the time (I love the shoe repair - they make my high heels look nicer than new!).
Also, my last day of work in Nashy is May 23rd, so I will be moving out Memorial Day weekend. Just FYI. More to come about related emotions haha.
I'm going to have to change my blog title!
April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
blog title changing is fun. and frightening. i personally like naming things after something that people are already familiar with, allowing for themes to run rampant (hence the wally lamb book title for my blog...though it has nothing to do with having a twin.)
may i suggest some sort of jane austen reference? love and friendship is a name of a story written by austen when she was 14.
or a song refernce? dave barnes: "me and you and the world"; tristan prettyman: "simple as it should be" or tom petty: "into the great wide open"?
you know me and pop culture. we're likethis.
Post a Comment