I just don't get the leggings trend. In.the.winter. I keep walking past gaggles of Vandygirls who are wearing warm fleece jackets followed by thin cotton/spandex blend leggings and calf-height fuzzy boots. And we've moved beyond the long shirts that cover the butt, apparently. It is truly just fleece - legging - boot. I think the general rule is that if your head and feet are exposed to the cold, you will be cold all over no matter how much clothing you're in between. And if you've ever been sitting on a cold seat, I think you'd add the butt to that, too.
I wore leggings in middle school way before it was fashionable to do so (i.e. it was soooo unfashionable... and I wasn't making a fashion-forward statement, I was a disaster) with big baggy t-shirts or sweaters. And trrrrust me, they are not warm. Comfortable, yes. Figure- .... flattering is not right. How about figure-enhancing? Figure-exposing? Blech.
January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
if you were a fashion disaster in middle school you have certainly made a turn around. i found myself coveting your "fashion sense" many times. i think you should give yourself a little more credit.
Post a Comment