So I have to give Nashville some weather credit this week... it is GORGEOUS outside. You know how sometimes certain days make you flashback to other times when the weather was similar? Yesterday morning when I walked out of the house I was reminded of spring in high school on a game day morning... those days were the greatest. :) And then in the evening yesterday it was still so nice out, and it reminded me of fall at Etown, like I should be getting ready to go to the Marshmallow Bowl or walk out the back of the Quads and go cheer for J and Bos. So yesterday made me feel really good just because of the memories that weather brought back.
It was also one of the first days that I really felt like I was at a college the way I know a college to be. When I left work people were all out and about on campus, there was a student walking up a tree-lined road on my drive home who wasn't wearing some ridiculously expensive dress and heels and that was refreshing (I just will never understand wearing designer clothes to class... I wore jeans almost every day to class, and that was only because I had to work in admissions most days, otherwise I probably would have worn sweatpants a lot more), and then the Belmont cross country team came trotting up the road, and in that moment it just felt much more like a small college town than the 'big city' it has seemed to me.
So, for all of my complaining about the heat, fall might make it a little bit worth it and I've gotta give Nashy its due credit. Winter used to be my favorite season (the whole snow and skiing thing), but since I don't get to ski much any more (and really there hasn't been much snow in recent years in PA or here) I have to say that fall seems to be my new favorite. Except for the allergy thing... they're back, by the way. Crystal kindly pointed out that the reason my allergies weren't bad was because everything was killed by the draught, but since it's been raining more regularly I've noticed my head feeling floaty and my nose running again. Lovely.
K... that's all!
September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment