Since living at The Overlook, I have fallen twice down my front yard on my way to work in the morning. The first time I was on my way to Belmont, running late (natch), and decided that the quickest way to get to my car would not be to turn right out of my door, turn left down the driveway, and turn left on the road to get to my car, but rather to simply walk out my front door and cut diagonal across the grassy knoll we call our front yard. I was wearing some kitten heel-type shoes and was worried about falling on the grass so when I came up to our water meter plate I thought it would be a safe alternative... and I completely wiped out, arms flailing forward, face plant-stylee. Didn't have time to go back in and change, so I had a grass stain on the right knee of my tan pants. Lovely.
Today, I'm wearing some nice chinos and my new green mocassins, feeling pretty good about myself. I have my first class of the semester today, so I was loaded up with a bag full of books and lunch and an umbrella over my shoulder, carrying my coffee travel mug in one hand and my laptop in the other. It rained last night for the first time in a while, and when I walked out the front door to come down our stoop-steps, I was distracted by two patches of extremely (I'm talking almost flourescent) green grass in the middle of our otherwise brown lawn. Annnnnd down I go. Mulch all over the green mocs and grass stain on my chinos. After the last incident, I did start carrying a Tide pen with me... which doesn't make much of a difference, it seems, because after I used it on my grass stain I noticed that the label says it's for food and drink stains... awesome, Tide. Apparently my stain's not good enough. So, I guess I'm a klutz, but I'm also an airhead because I'm distracted by things like flourescent green grass... and sparkles.
What a wonderful way to start my first day of school!
No comments:
Post a Comment