you know that kind of heat where you're just standing... in the shade... not moving a muscle... and you might as well be on a skewer over a fire? it's that kind of hot right now.
before the perspiration starts, you notice your fingers feel swollen and your clothes are sticking to your skin. you'd have to struggle to remove rings, watches, jeans, and underwear. it's that kind of hot.
and then, when your body says 'what the hang is going on heeere?' sweat starts flooding out of every pore in your body. it drips around your hairline and then when the hairline river floods it just flows off your nose, behind your ears, on the back of your neck. it may feel like pond scum is growing on your shins, but nope - just sweat beading up the lotion on your legs. i bet if you looked you'd even have a pool of sweat stagnating in your belly button. it's that kind of hot.
i'm not built for heat. i'm not built for the south.
August 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bad news kiiiiid... it's THAT kind of hot up here in the north too. Ugh. Sweat everywhere.
Stay cool.
You'll get used to it, you'll have many years to do so :) and don't you worry I'll be here to coach you through it. I think if anyone knows about the heat down here, it's yours truly. I mean, let's face it, I am a certified stick removal technician
Post a Comment