One Saturday morning, I was about to bake Sarah's birthday cake when Lauren called to say she drove past a house with a for-rent sign and that they were having a yard sale, so we might be able to pull up, check out the stuff for sale, and then ask about the house. So we embark to Overlook drive, less than a mile away. We want the house. We want the couch. We buy the couch. So Lauren goes home, and Sarah and I bring Vanessa and Larry (who are visiting Sarah from Scranton) back to the house to figure out how to get the couch back to The Grove.
Witness Exhibit A:
It was actually quite illegal. We abandoned my car and Sarah drove, with Larry in the front seat holding out an arm, and Vanessa and I sitting on the backseat windows hanging out of the car. We drove very slowly. And we made it home.
Witness Exhibit B:
This is our couch! And it's officially been broken-in, too: after SIGNING THE LEASE on the house this morning, I fell asleep to some sweet sweet CMT Top 20 Country Countdown. The first nap always makes a couch official.
And just for good measure, witness Exhibit C (don't worry girls I'm not posting this on Facebook):
This is us at McDonald's at 9 AM on a Sunday morning, waiting to meet the landlord to sign our lease.
The three of us waiting there felt like a really bad episode of Elimidate.
No comments:
Post a Comment