March 11, 2007

Moron alert

So I'm sitting in Panera right now trying to write my Org Theory midterm (because Peabody Library is only open from 3-6 the day before Spring Break ends... there couldn't possibly be more inconvenient library hours for the first evening before the first classes after spring break: no one did any homework on spring break and is definitely going to need to go to the library, no? or am I just the nerd?) and here's a story for you. It starts with a moronic family who's here for some athletic tournament that they're holding at Vandy this weekend. They've got "GO SPARTANS!" painted all over their impractically large SUV, and they pulled in (taking up two parking spots) at about the same time I did. So I came in here to order a drink and grab a seat, and this whole crew of idiots (I think they were with another car too... about 10 in all I'd say) has bypassed the roped-in line area and is congregating outside the line... but no one else in line. So I go in the roped-in area and the Panera cashier waves me forward, and this crew starts throwing a fit because they were "in line." Strike number one. Then, as I'm trying to get out of their way, two of the girls won't move and are completely blocking my exit from the area. Strike two. Then, after I get my drink, I start to go grab a seat and two of them head back directly where I was headed. Strike three. This isn't baseball - there are more strikes, so get excited.

So they leave and I'm still sitting here comfortably with a good view of the parking lot out the window next to me. A Panera employee comes on the loudspeaker and announces that a beige Corolla parked along a curb is blocking another customer's exit. You know who was being blocked - the Ginormous Obnoxious SUV Spartan Family. And it's soo annoying to witness, because well a) they'd have no problem if they weren't driving such a huge gas-guzzler, but b) they weren't trying very hard to maneuver their way out. Remember here... they're taking up two parking spots. All they would need to do is pull forward and turn into the right parking spot and backup to the left instead of the right and they would be absolutely fine. But no, they all get out and stand around looking at the little Corolla, whose owners, by the way, are nowhere to be found. Arrrrrgh haha I'm so glad I wasn't the Corolla driver, I might have passed out from annoyance.

Don't you hate people like that? I think I'm just particularly easily annoyed right now because of the fact that I'm working on a midterm for a pointless class, in chilly air conditioning, and listening to contemporary music which has been jazzified by the vocal part being played on a saxophone (my family knows how I feel about that) when I'd rather be outside frolicking amuck (sidenote: technically, that's spelled "amok" but really, how dumb does that word look?) in the 65 degree weather.

Peace out.
LJ

p.s. I had a fantastic week this past week with new clothes, a haircut, and lots of good news, and I have a good sense that March is going to be an amazing month. :)

p.p.s. (several minutes later) There are also two girls sitting in my little section of the restaurant, and one is incredibly dumb/annoying and the other is perfectly pleasant, and they're friends. That boggles my mind. How does the smart nice girl not get annoyed by the other one, if I as a stranger am annoyed by her after half an hour of observation??

p.p.p.s. Hmm maybe everyone should just stay out of my way today, apparently I'm easily irritated? Although luckily I'm still in a good mood haha. Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so easily annoyed!!!
Love Mom