September 14, 2006

Home and back again

So that last blog... phew. Too long. We'll keep this one short.

For those of you who don't know because I didn't broadcast it, I went home this week for a few days because my Gramma passed away while I was in class on Saturday. It wasn't unexpected - she's been suffering from Alzheimer's for years and her quality of life has been awful and heartwrenching for several months - but of course no matter how much you know it's going to happen and even pray for it to happen for her sake, it's not any easier when it does happen. But she's finally reunited with her friends and many many family members, and that's what gives us comfort. To those of you who did know, thanks for your support. :)

Anyway, so I had to fly home. Altogether now, in the key of B: I'm a big kid now. First time flying by myself, woooo, and clearly I was so thrilled I had to take pictures to document it.













I look like I was just suckerpunched, but cut me some slack - it was 6:30am. This is me parking in the economy lot, waiting for my shuttle to the actual airport.














And I took a picture of the sign closest to where I parked, so I could find my car.

Yeah ok, cancel that "I'm a big kid now" idea - I need picture books to learn things.

And here's my brother:








Snazzy of course.










So it wasn't feasible for me to visit Etown, which was why I didn't tell too many people I was coming home because it wasn't actually coming back to all of the ones I love. But I did take a two-hour stint to visit Mechanicsburg to see the bestest. We went and bought John Mayer cds (OK - so disappointed in him right now, by the way... save that for another day) and then ate ice cream. You'll see....














Not too thrilled with her ice cream cone. The first one she got, the ice cream plopped onto the floor before we even left the premises, so the one you see here is actually the free replacement. And it kept threatening to fall off also.


















Yes, this is still the replacement you are seeing.

Kristy Wilson, this is for you: we were trying to take a picture of her outfit so you can see that she's still wearing the soccer sandals with her nice teacher outfit. But could I have picked a better moment to push the click button?
I think not.



I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of sad to be back in Tennessee, I really miss being within driving distance of all of my friends, and I miss my family a lot.

That's all,
La <3

2 comments:

reverb said...

...well ...I dont know, but youre a pretty gal...

cheers

Unknown said...

My ice cream cone did the exact same thing at Handel's once! I think you were probably there with me, since I rarely went there without you. Needless to say, I feel her pain :)